Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lemon Balm Almond Pesto

Because lemon balm has totally invaded Tracey's garden, I decided to whip up some lemon balm pesto. I can't take full credit for this brilliant idea though, as Tracey herself made the suggestion in order to convince me to use up more of her lemon balm (because the 2 gallons of lemon balm tea I made two days ago did not use up enough).

Lemon Balm Almond Pesto

3 cups loose packed lemon balm leaves
¼ cup basil or mint leaves
4 cloves garlic
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 cup olive oil
Place all ingredients in a food processor (except oil) and pulse until smooth. Add oil in slowly while motor is running. Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.


Sure, you can have with pasta if you would like. Maybe whole grain angel hair with grape or cherry tomatoes and Feta as Tracey suggested. I had it as a spread, on my wasa crackers, with yummy ripe tomato slices, shaved red onion and just a few crumbles of Gorgonzola. Totally up to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment