Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chocolate Protein Cake Bars

This past week's treats were these protein bars, once again, inspired by Jamie Eason. I am down a few more pounds this week but I have a long way to go before I am even close to looking like Jamie ha ha. A gal can always dream, right? I was really hoping this nursing thing would help shed the pounds a lot faster, but it turns out that its going to take a lot of work. How about that, weight loss takes work!! I guess I knew that already.
 
I started taking longer walks this past week too, in order to kick up the calorie burn. I also went to a hip hip class with my neighbor friend and that was super fun! There is nothing like the buddy system to help with motivation.
 
Here are the treats that got me through the week:
 
Chocolate Protein Cake Bars

 Dry ingredients:
1 cup oat or white whole wheat flour
½ cup vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Wet ingredients:
½ cup splenda®
1 cup applesauce
4 egg whites
½ cup water

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread mixture in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until center is set.
Remove from pan by lifting out using foil. Cut into 16 squares.
65 calories and 4 grams protein
 

 

2 comments:

  1. You go girl...just had a baby and still creating/posting awesome recipes. I cant wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious!! And, I just bought oat flour (used it for a pizza and it turned out pretty wonderful, oat flour may be my new brown rice flour alternative!)

    ReplyDelete