Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mini Frittatas with Goat Cheese

You might be wondering how my weight loss journey is going…

It’s going!! I am down about 18 lbs. total (yup, that includes the baby’s weight!). I take long walks with Wyatt and Herbie; it keeps me sane! I am also going to a hip hop class with my neighbor friend Carolyn, who is also on her own journey to better health! And of course, nutrition is everything! Protein power!

I made these little frittatas over the weekend because I realize how important it is to have food prepped and ready to go. They even taste good cold, when I only have a minute (literally) between changing diapers and feeding. Best of all, they are protein packed and keep me full ( and happy!).

70 calories, 2 grams fat, 3.5 grams carb and 9.5 grams protein! Pretty nice profile right?

Mini Frittatas with Goat Cheese


Cooking Spray
¾ cup finely chopped mixed veggies such as tomatoes, spinach or scallion
12 egg whites
Salt and pepper for seasoning
3 oz. crumbled goat cheese (or Feta)


 

Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place about 2 tablespoons of the veggies into each muffin cup.

Add 2 egg whites to each. Season with salt and pepper.

Top with a few crumbles of goat cheese.

Bake for about 30 minutes until set. Internal temperature must reach 160F.

Cool on a wire rack to prevent a soggy bottom :)

Have it plain, or top it with salsa, avocado or (ketchup?).

No comments:

Post a Comment