Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grilling with a Himalayan Salt Brick


I admit I had never cooked with (or heard of!!) salt bricks. I had the chance to develop a recipe using a gorgeous Himalayan Salt Brick; Oh what fun I had! The recipe request was for shrimp and I was determined to make the most innovative, yet simple recipe: Rosemary Skewered Shrimp and Grapes with Maple-Balsamic Glaze! Brilliant, I know...
Here is a link with all the details about cooking/grilling with these amazing treasures.

  
Various Shaped Salt Bricks


I threaded large shrimp and grapes on rosemary skewers; super fun! Some fresh ground pepper (no salt) for seasoning.
 


The glaze is maple sysup and a bit of balsamic vinegar. The skewers cooked for 2 minutes on each side.



Chris had his doubts when I told him I was pairing shrimp with grapes, but once these babies were glazed and cooked up, all doubts were long gone. Of course he said they were too salty for his taste; HELLO!! They were cooked on a salt brick!


No comments:

Post a Comment