Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies

My friend Liz posted a recipe last night on face book for Garbanzo Bean Cookie Dough Bites and I felt inspired to try something similar. I looked at other sites, such as Chocolate Covered Katie , and thought, " why havent I made  this!". I wanted my cookie to have egg in it for sure, because of the cake-like texture it provides. I have also been wanting to make cookies with Quinoa in them, like the ones on my buddy Julia's favorite blog, Two Peas in a Pod.

Here is my version, hubby approved!!!

Chocolate Chip Chick Pea and Quinoa Cookies

 15 oz. can chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup agave syrup
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
 1 cup cooked quinoa ( or 1/3 cup quinoa cooked with 2/3 cup water)
¼ cup sucanat, optional ( for a hit more of sweetness)
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350˚F.  
Place chickpeas, peanut butter, agave, egg, vanilla, salt and soda in a food processor.
Puree until smooth.

Transfer to a bowl and fold in quinoa and chocolate chips.

 

Drop tablespoons of dough onto greased baking pans and bake for 15 minutes. Transfer and cool on wire rack. 


Makes 25 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment