Monday, July 2, 2012

Shrimp Madness

Shrimp, oh glorious shrimp! I will never forget this triumphant day, as peeling and deveining 8 pounds of these little crustaceans were part of my agenda. From purchasing and thawing to sanitizing and temperature control, my HACCP(Hazzard Analysis Critical Control Points) plan was surely in place.

Precious little shrimpies; I don't think I ever want to hang with you again!
Shrimp, Whole Wheat Orzo and Tomato Toss with Feta Cheese; Meets the "Better for you" criteria!
Fiery Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa...my favorite!
Perfectly measured Corn and Zucchini Relish prep.
There was so much smoke in the house from the grillin' at one point, that Chris set up a fan at the window to suck out all the heat and smoke...how convinient to both be working from home on shrimp recipe testing day (lucky guy!).

Super Mean and Lean Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Fresh Corn and Zucchini Relish-Dietitian approved!
Crispy Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Apricot Dipping Sauce. I cant wait to run the nutrition facts on these babies; the entire batch absorbed 1/3 of the oil used for frying...weighing oil before and after,weighing the burnt stuff left from frying and even weighing the paper towels where the shrimpies drained =super fun
And this is how my evening ended; pineapple and mint mocktail, a super healthy dose of monounsaturated fats, bug spray/citronella candle to keep nature off my skin and Jean Inman's Review materials...good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment